Sunday, August 30, 2009

Out of The Darkness Community Walk

Hi, I know it has been awhile since I have blogged. I am still having a hard time with it because of my depression. Unfortunately, I do not always feel like blogging. I think I should really try to get into the habit of it. I think it could be good therapy because it is like journal writing. I am very happy to announce that I did my first community walk. It was called Out of The Darkness Community walk. I think it is a great cause to help people with suicide prevention. I think if more people can be aware that there is help for mental illness it will give them hope. I have also lost a good friend to suicide. I don't think anyone should have to feel such despair. I would like to help as many people as I can realize that life is good and give them the hope and comfort they need. If anyone is in need of a friend, I want to let them know that I am here and they can count on me. I can say it was a wonderful experience seeing everyone supporting each other. I highly recommend that if you have thought about doing a community walk this is a wonderful cause. It really makes you feel good that you can make a difference. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up today to do a walk. Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Great Job! Awareness is the first step. So many people think they are the only ones suffering, and it just helps to know there are places to turn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support Sarah. I really enjoy your blog. Take care and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have reviewed "The Self Help Mom" and I'm pleased to inform you that your blog has been added to Blogging Women.

    Welcome aboard and thank you for sharing your blog with me and now the readers of our women's blog directory.

    ReplyDelete

Intense Debate Comments